Wednesday, October 1, 2008

IMUNEMPLOYED.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Economy Special



Tuesday, December 18, 2007
and she makes breakfast!
Ok, so I have to tell you all about my day. I woke up at like 12, maybe it was 1, I can't remember. I know it seems late, but don't be shocked, yesterday I make myself a bowl of oatmeal with FOUR ingredients (bananas, raspberry jam, almonds and oatmeal [duh]). Plus, I drank a lot of caffiene. The coffee here is really interesting, it's the do-it-yourself kind. It's so strange...you put a 'filter' into this basket-esque contraption. You pour water into said contraption and somehow it trickles down into the coffee pot which fits nicely into doubly noted contraption. You can 'brew' it as strong or weak as you like. Your choice!!!! So much freedom here...

I've also started hard-boiling eggs. My mother always made them for me when I was a child, so when I make them for myself I always feel very maternal. I've been adivsed that when boiling said egg, the boil should be kept rolling and rather soft. Otherwise the eggs may bump into each other, crack, and spill into the pot of bubbles!!!! I've been successful at this endeavor twice already!

As I said on my last bloggy jaunt, I've been baking. Let me tell you, I'VE BEEN BAKING. Let me see...I've baked (at least) 6 batches of cookies, two batches of muffins, 1 'sweet bread'...and LOTS OF OTHER STUFF. I like to bake, I like to cook...I miss the Food Network.

I guess this was my 'food' entry! I guess I didn't tell you about my day! -a
Posted by Adrian at 8:52 PM 0 comments
Monday, December 17, 2007
...and I'm sitting!
Well, I've been unemployed for over 2 months now, and although I've been apprehensive about starting a blog....here it is!!! I just want to keep all y'all posted while I sit around, watch basic cable, thumb through cookbooks, and set new daily goals for how many sun salutations I will do!!!!
In embarking on this experience, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I've always been a planner, and this was such a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants choice. It's been really amazing, though, and I've learned a lot. I've watched a lot of Discovery Health, more then I ever imagined. I've baked a lot of cookies. I've started making my bed daily.
I'm excited you'll all be around for the ride! wish me luck...
check you laterrr,
adrian
Posted by Adrian at 8:08 PM 0 comments
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)