Tuesday, June 2, 2009

GETTINGITWRITE.BLOGSPOT.COM



Friday, December 24, 2004

Is computer ignorance bliss?
Don’t believe the fucking hype!

I am pissed the fuck off. I want to take this dam laptop and break it into a thousand fucking pieces. Computer technology is shoved up my fucking ass and I’m shitting it out. I am a fucking writer. I’ve been writing since I was 7 years old; poetry, short stories, letters, you name it. I was very happy writing in my notebook journals then I got a fucking computer and lost my rabbit ass mind. I got this bright idea to computerize all of my writing. I spent at least a year scanning and typing everything into my computer. I put everything onto an external backup drive to keep it safe. That was only the beginning; the real horror was yet to come.

I decided to write a book. I had Microsoft office installed on my computer but that wasn’t enough. I had to have writer’s software. The fucking nightmare began. I couldn’t find the program that was right for me. I tried every crappy piece of shit software I could find for writers. I spent over a thousand dollars in writer’s software and ended up using Microsoft Word, the shit that came with my computer for free. I took time off of work and my husband supported us while I wrote my great American novel (ok it was crap) but it was my crap that I spent two years writing and perfecting. A 400 page manuscript is not easy to produce even if it is crap.

Ok ready for the climax I got rid of my old computer and got a new laptop with the works. I brook the bank and brought a top of the line Pentium 4 IBM ThinkPad. I was going to start submitting my book and piling up my rejections letters so I could feel like a writer. I needed some pain to put into my next book, which I was starting on right away. Here take a look at the short Synopsis for my 400 page manuscript.

A forgotten past revisits a young college professor when she learns she has two personalities. While locked away in an asylum for the criminally insane Eve Blake confesses to the brutal murder of her husband. Eve became petrified when a pesky female spirit began visiting her in the night. Her life long friend Toni Harris becomes a powerful enemy and reveals a terrible secret that could seal Eve’s fate forever. Struggling to brake free of her wall of illusions Eve is forced t deal with her tragic past

Did Eve brutally murder her husband? What key did the ghost hold that would help unlock Eve’s memory of the past? Why did Toni become Eve’s enemy and what secret did she reveal. Did Eve finally break though her wall of illusions and tell what really happened the night her husband was murdered? Did Eve ever get out of the asylum?


Guest what! You’ll never fucking know! That entire manuscript is gone, vanished, formatted to be exact. I plugged my external hard drive into my brand new computer and the IBM software asked me if I wanted to back up my new computer. Sure! It sounded like a good idea to me. That fucking software formatted the whole fucking drive, everything was gone. My manuscript 20 years of journals, short stories, letters, pictures, and download software that I paid for. I was sick to say the least. What in the fuck did I do to deserve this shit? Was this some kind of cosmic joke or what? What in the fuck was I going to do?

Instinctively I tried to get everything back. I paid a computer company $270.00 to evaluate the hard drive and get my stuff back. Them son of bitches gave me the hard drive back and told me the information on it was lost. Isn’t that a crock of shit? I told them mother fuckers that when I gave them the fucking hard drive. What in the fuck did I pay them $270.00 for? Everything you could possibly think of to recover the information I tried to no avail. I just had to face it the shit was gone; I’m not getting it back. For some reason unknown to me no one else will ever read the poems, short stories, or the 400 page manuscript.

Shit happens, life goes on, what don’t kill you make you stronger, and all he rest of the bullshit clichés I heard from family and friends trying unsuccessful to comfort me. I guess you want to know how this horror story ends right. Well I’ll tell you. I ranted and raved and pissed a fucking fit. Then I cried and I cried and I cried some more, but nothing made me feel better then typing these words into my IBM laptop, hitting save, and backing it up to my external hard drive. Maybe you will get to read my next manuscript. Check back and I let you know when I’m done.

posted by Kia Cory | 9:13 PM | 3 comments