Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WEATHERINGTHESTORM.BLOGSPOT.COM



Sunday, October 08, 2006

The 20/20 Hindsight
Oh ... we've all been there. You look back and think .. damn .. had I know better .. I would have done X differently.

Looking back .. I can easily name so many instances that fore-knowledge would definitely have come in handy ...

1) I could have been graduated this year had I known what I wanted to do.
2) I wouldn't have dated some .... interesting characters. My heart would have stayed far more intact and some pretty silly decisions I made never would have happened.
3) I would have made better money decisions.

I'm sure there are so many more.

But I guess ... I would have made different mistakes had I known what I know now. Other mistakes .. possibly bigger mistakes. I wouldn't be tri-lingual. I wouldn't know what I want in a relationship. I might still be friends with H, letting her suck the life out of me...slowly.

I feel like I have some clarity. Who knows what that will bring me in the future ... and maybe I'll look back and wish I'd done things differently. But chances are .. I'll remember how I feel right now. And I'll know that yeah .. things could have happened differently .. but there's a reason they happened the way they did.
posted by TeenaBallerina at 9:01 PM 0 comments