Tuesday, June 2, 2009

IAMNOTAHIPSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM



Tuesday, November 09, 2004
John is not a hipster
I met John the other day. I interviewed him for a full hour on a number of issues. I questioned him about his musical taste. He evinced a preference for the work of Celine Dion. I was suspicious on a number of levels. I noted my opinion at this point.

11.14am Subject is not a hipster.

I then moved to the 'judging the subject on his dress and style' section of the test. His trousers were straight legged - not flared, or even bootcut - and he wore Timberland-type logging boots and a red fleece jacket over a shirt and tie.

11.34am Subject's clothes reveal the lack of hipness one would expect to find in one who is definitely NOT a hipster.

At 11.45am he took a toliet break, and I took the opportunity to steal his wallet and get the hell out of there.
posted by Karl at 1:14 PM 3 comments