Tuesday, June 9, 2009
LIFEANDDAYDREAMS.BLOGSPOT.COM - Thanks, Vicky!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau
It has come to the time where I am in the position to make or break the rest of my life. The problem is, I don't know which action will ensure success or which action will result in failure. Whilst I have far flung dreams of the future and indeed spend many a waking hour playing out these roles in my mind, I am yet to work out how to get there from the position I am currently in. The jump seems out of reach, too far, unattainable. Yet, if I don't strive for these dreams, I do not know what I will do with my life. I must make that leap as in not doing so, I won't be doing anything at all. I'll be stuck in limbo, with no ambition or inspiration. I will not let that happen...
Henceforth, I am forced to attempt to make the right decisions without any guide as to what they might be.
I feel unable to express my wishes for the future, the hopes I have and the changes I intended to achieve. People do not understand my motivation, nor do they see how these dreams could ever become reality. They tell me I should be realistic - that life itself will put an end to these whims as the necessity of living will overcome my attempts to strive for the life I desire. I am worried that I too shall gain their negativity. If I do, I end up in that place of limbo, which is the most unsatisfactory form of life.
That said, I am scared to post my intentions for fear of failure. Whilst they remain in the rooms of my mind - each room holding a different dream, a different path, although all result in a similar end - no one except me can laugh at their far-reaching nature. No one except me can laugh when I fail. However, to achieve them I believe help will be required in which case I must let someone see past these closed doors.
Maybe by this time next year I will have achieved some of the first steps towards making these dreams a reality, which in turn will benefit those around me. Or maybe I will have already given in to the demands of everyday life. I suppose only time will tell but I know for certain, the former is a far more desirable belief to hold on to...
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." Lanston Hughes
Posted by AliasLottie at 12:40 0 comments
Labels: Dreams, Ideals, Life Goals
Posted by erin at 12:53 PM
06/07 - 06/14
- ILOVEHER.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Special
- EMI.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Special
- WILMASDEN.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Reader Special - T...
- MYHOME.BLOGSPOT.COM - Deep Thoughts?
- TEA.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Special
- SCHOOLPROPOSAL.BLOGSPOT.COM - Thanks, Amanda!
- Slashdot Readers Chime in on the 1 Tweet/ 1 Blog P...
- PROMISELAND.BLOGSPOT.COM - 3 Post Special (of What...
- RUBBERBAND.BLOGSPOT.COM - Honorable Mention
- TRUTHABOUTU.BLOGSPOT.COM - Two Post Special
- CORNERBAKERYWATCH.BLOGSPOT.COM - Thanks, Laura!
- LIFEANDDAYDREAMS.BLOGSPOT.COM - Thanks, Vicky!
- SORRYFORBEINGSUCHADICK.BLOGSPOT.COM - Thanks Arthu...
- STARSSTRIPES.BLOGSPOT.COM - Stars & Strips Blog
- THE THRILL IS GONE
- ▼ 06/07 - 06/14 (21)
- ► 2008 (305)