Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FARFROMU.BLOGSPOT.COM



Tuesday, May 01, 2001
Starting at the beginning is a bit of a bore but not in my case. Born blind, with 4 siblings and no Dad life seemed like shit. Mom wasn't much use except for a slurp or two. She wasn't so healthy. We were hitching a ride on a frieghter from Texas to Louisiana. It stunk of something I've never smelled again. Acrid, made my mouth and nose burn. I burried my head in Mom's side to fend off the rankness of the air. She was warm and smelled musky-sweet. My sibs were pushy but I was the boss despite my smallness. I think being small made it easier for me to slip and nudge and push my way through this new life. I was not going to be denied whatever it is I wanted even if I didn't know what it was I wanted at the time.
posted by razor at 2:29 PM

Blog Archive