Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2003
Third Person Singular
To my perverse delight, Punk Ass Art Boy (PAAB) has made a reappearance. I met him at this dive down in DUMBO where one of my friends bartends. PAAB is a painter, former skateboarder, a shaggy-haired, trucker hat-wearing hipster. He was, for a couple of months, a couple of years ago, my boy toy. We've kept in sporadic contact since the demise of our whatever it was. I hadn't heard from him since the end of the summer, but got an email yesterday. We're meeting for a drink after work. This will allow me to catch up on the cool words the youngsters pepper their conversation with these days. The last I saw him, the word "pimp" as in "Dude, that's so pimp," was in heavy rotation. PAAB also refers to himself in the third person.
I: "So, D., how are you? What have you been up to since I saw you?"
PAAB: "Dude, it's all good. The D's been hangin', you know. Working on this painting. It's pimp, man."
Yes, he's for real. And no, I did not steal any of the above from a Seinfeld episode.
- posted by sistermarysunshine @ 11:30 AM
Posted by erin at 3:17 PM
- ► 2009 (71)
07/27 - 08/03
- TEARSINTHERAIN.BLOGSPOT.COM - 6 Posts - "This is m...
- MENUS.BLOGSPOT.COM - Lisa Garza's failed Blogger a...
- GROCERYLIST.BLOGSPOT.COM - Katie. This is easier, ...
- IFEELBAD.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Posts - I SMSed Mars and...
- HOWIMETYOURMOTHER.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Posts - I'm get...
- TURNINGTHIRTY.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Posts, 1 Day
- POSSUM.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Posts - Friends Forever
- DUNKS.BLOGSPOT.COM - 3 Post Cheater
- WHATEVER-U-SAY.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Post Special
- ▼ 07/27 - 08/03 (28)