Wednesday, July 30, 2008

TURNINGTHIRTY.BLOGSPOT.COM - 2 Posts, 1 Day



Monday, February 21, 2005

This guy is excited about turning 30...

[IMAGE]

posted by Yolander @ 8:18 PM 3 comments

Day 1
I am turning thirty this year.

On June 7th at 10:57A.M. EST, I will officially be thirty.

At this point, some of you are looking at this wondering what the big deal is. Maybe you are turning fifty this year, and you wish you were thirty. Maybe you are turning twenty-one, and thirty is so far off, you have no qualms.

But I know that there is at least one of you who feels the queasiness in the belly, who feels the dread, who constantly looks over her/his shoulder and sees the ugly, craggily face of Father Time staring her/ him down. It is to you that I write this Blog.

Now, don't think that I am buying into all this "I'm turning thirty" hysteria because of the number. The number itself is rather innocuous. Turning thirty affords a woman a whole new level of respect. People imagine that she is no longer that silly twenty year old who drinks out of a beer bong, or who blows her entire paycheck on a Coach bag. People are more apt to believe her when she explains that a flamingo is pink because it eats shrimp (no really, it's true). She is more experienced in her career, and can really start to climb that corporate ladder of success.

That is all well and good, and I am really looking forward to it. What concerns me about turning thirty are the various physical and mental changes I feel happening in me. Let's discuss each separately:

Physical: As of 2/19/05, I have a black hair that grows out of my chin, and must be plucked. I thought this was something that only happened to evil witches in story books. Apparently, all the evil witches in story books were inspired by women on the verge of thirty.

Mental: I understand "Adultspeak". When I was a child, I used to dream about the day I would understand what adults discussed. That I would get the complaints about the IRS, or about insurance. Today, I discovered myself getting excited at the prospect of buying disability insurance for myself through Aflac.

What other changes will I experience over the next 106 days? Stay tuned to find out...
posted by Yolander @ 7:35 PM 0 comments

Blog Archive